ECS 20 - Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science - Spring 2005
CRN #50536 and #50537
The FINAL is at 8 AM on Wds June 15, in our regular classroom.
You can bring ONE PAGE OF NOTES (both sides).
Here are some Review Questions and
study tips for the final.
- Instructor: Nina Amenta
Office Hours: M 1:10-2:00 and F 10-11 in 3015 Kemper.
- Teaching Assistant: Ghassan Shobaki
gshobaki "at" ece "dot" ucdavis "dot" edu
Office Hours: Tues 10:00-12:00 in 53 Kemper
- Reader: Betty Chen
chenyt "at" cs "dot" cdavis "dot" edu
This class has two goals. First, we want to familiarize you with some of the mathematics
you will need to use as a computer science major.
And second, we want you to get comfortable with the process of proving things, so that
you will be able to prove things about algorithms, programs and systems.
- The textbook is Discrete Mathematics and its Applications,
by Kenneth Rosen, 5th Edition (2003), UC Davis edition (selected chapters).
- Lectures are MWF 12:10-1:00 in 119 Wellman
Reading for past and future lectures.
- Discussion sections are
F 3:10-4:00 and F 4:10-5:00 in 90 SocSci
- ucd.class.ecs20 - Official newsgroup - Read but please do not post
- ucd.class.ecs20.d - Discussion newsgroup - Read and post if you wish
- Course Information Sheet - "The Rules"
- Web page from last quarter.
- The final is W June 15, 8:00-10:00 am in 119 Wellman. The midterm is
scheduled for Mon May 9, in class.
See myucdavis course announcements for pointer to
all homework solutions
- PS 1, due 5pm Tues April 12
- PS 2, due 5pm Tues April 19
- PS 3, due 5pm Tues April 26
- PS 4, due 5pm Tues May 3
- Review Problems, not to hand in.
- PS 5, due 5pm Tues May 17
- PS 6, due 5pm Tues May 24
- PS 7, due 5pm Tues May 31
- PS 8, due 5pm Tues June 7
- Review Questions and study tips for the final, not to hand in.
Quizzes and Exams
Midterm score to grade mapping:
62-51 A, 41-50 B, 31-40 C, 21-30 D, below 20 F
Solutions to the midterm are on the solutions page I announced on myucdavis.