ECS 120 – Theory of Computation – Spring 2014
- Finals have been graded and class grades assigned.
Despite people finishing the final so early, it certainly spread the class out:
the median was 57%, with a range of 4%-93% and pretty much everything in between.
Here’s a histogram for you (by percentage; the exam was graded
out of 175). Overall, I felt that this
was a pretty strong class, this term, and assigned 20% A’s (of some flavor)
and 31% B’s (of some form).
- Have a fun and productive summer.
I hope to see at least a few of you in ECS 188 next Winter (about as different a class from
ECS 120 as two class in a single department could be). It’s been my pleasure teaching you
- Lectures to date will grow with each lecture – also shows the date of all exams
- Course information sheet – please read it – you are responsible for everything on it
- Spring 2013 lectures and
Fall 2012 videos.
- Readings: Sipser: Chapter 0, 1, 2.1-2.3, 3, 4, 5, 7.
- Instructor: Phillip Rogaway – 3009 Kemper –
please see my homepage for my office hours
- TAs hold office hours in 55 Kemper
M 1:10-2: Theo, email@example.com
M 2:10-3: Harika, firstname.lastname@example.org
T 10:30-12:30: James, email@example.com
R 10:30-12:30, 1:10-3: James, firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook discussion group, and
SmartSite chat room (deprecated)
Phillip Rogaway’s homepage