ECS 188 - Guidelines for Your Project (Oral and Written)
- Your presentation is 25 minutes, including discussion.
- You may work with a partner on the presentation.
- I suggest you do your presentation in PowerPoint, but other
presentation tools are fine, too.
- Email me your presentation by 12:00 noon of the day
you will give your talk. Send .ppt if you will use PowerPoint.
I will load the presentation onto my own laptop
and set it up for you for your class.
- Your written report should be about 5 pages.
It should be carefully written. It should be mailed to Phil at least
48 hours before your talk.
- In both your written and oral presentations, try not to rehash old discussions
we have had in class; focus on what's new and interesting to you.
- Most of the books have way too much material to go over
comprehensively in a
25-minute presentation or a 5-page paper. Your job
will be to select out what you find to be the most interesting and
relevant material. Don't "gloss over" things in order to be
comprehensive; I would rather see a meaningful treatment of a small
amount of material.
- Have fun!!!
Phil Rogaway's homepage