Last modified: Tue Oct 12 16:24:06 PDT 2021
- 9/2021: Received the UC Davis Chancellor's Fellowship for
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion 2020-2021.
- 7/2021: Suchita Mukherjee presented our work on fixing
dependency errors for Python build reproducibility at ISSTA'21.
- 6/2021: Congratulations to Suchita Mukherjee for being the
recipient of the UC Davis College of Engineering Master's Thesis
[News Article] for her work on PyDFix, an automated approach to
fix dependency errors in Python.
- 5/2021: I have been elected to serve for a second term
(2021-2024) on the
ACM SIGPLAN Executive Committee.
- 4/2021: Co-organizing the Fifth International Workshop on Software
Correctness for HPC Applications (CORRECTNESS'21).
- 4/2021: Presented at the ECP Annual Meeting my
work as BSSw Fellow.
- 4/2021: Participated in the ExploreCSR@URI Workshop
to explore Graduate School and Research in Computer Science.
- 3/2021: Presented our work on precision tuning at the SIAM
CSE'21 Minisymposium "Better Scientific Software Fellowship".
- 11/2020: Hui Guo presented our work on isolating
compiler-induced numerical inconsistencies at SC'20.
- 11/2020: Participated in the Careers in HPC Panel at
Students@SC at Supercomputing 2020.
- 10/2020: Invited talks at Texas A&M University, Emory University
and University of Wisconsin--Madison
[Seminar Recording] on our recent work on Automated Testing and
Precision Tuning of Numerical Software.
- 10/2020: Presented our work on testing numerical libraries at
IFIP WG 2.4 Software Implementation Technology.
- 10/2020: Presented a webinar on Precision Tuning of Numerical
Software at the
Best Practices for HPC Software Developers Webinar Series
[Webinar Video and Materials].
- 9/2020: Congratulations to Hui Guo for receiving her Ph.D. from
- 7/2020: Congratulations to Jackson Vanover and Xuan Deng for
receiving a Distinguished Artifact Award at ISSTA 2020.
- 7/2020: Jackson Vanover presented our work on testing numerical
libraries at ISSTA'20.
- 7/2020: Hui Guo presented our work on generating error-inducing
floating-point inputs at ICSE'20.
- 7/2020: Presented our work on floating-point precision tuning at
for Science 2020.
- 6/2020: Hui Guo and Jackson Vanover presented our work on
generating floating-point inputs that maximize error [FPGen Video], and
testing of numerical libraries [FPDiff Video] at
- 5/2020: Joint Honorable Mention for the CRA-WP Anita Borg and
Skip Ellis Early Career Awards 2020
- 5/2020: Featured in the
UC Davis Engineering Progress Magazine for my new role as
Faculty Assistant to the Dean for Diversity and Inclusion.
- 5/2020: Promoted to Associate Professor (with tenure) effective
July 1st, 2020!
- 5/2020: Presented at the ICERM Workshop on
Variable Precision in Mathematical and Scientific
- 4/2020: Congratulations to Xuan Deng for joining Yale
University in Fall 2020 to pursue his M.S. degree!
- 3/2020: Co-organizing the Fourth International Workshop on Software
Correctness for HPC Applications (CORRECTNESS'20).
- 2/2020: Daniel DeFreez presented our work on detecting and
reproducing error-code propagation bugs in MPI implementations at
PPoPP'20 in San Diego, CA.
- 12/2019: Named a 2020 Better Scientific Software (BSSw) Fellow
[UC Davis News Release]
- 12/2019: Congratulations to Daniel DeFreez for receiving his
Ph.D. from UC Davis!
- 11/2019: David Tomassi presented our work at the Facebook TAV
Challenge Winners' Workshop, London, UK.
- 11/2019: Presented with Hui Guo at SC'19 Tutorial on
Floating-Point Analysis and Reproducibility Tools, Denver,
- 11/2019: Invited talk on BugSwarm at
NJR Workshop@ASE 2019, San Diego, CA.
- 10/2019: Received a Facebook Testing and Verification Research Award
[Facebook News Release]
- 8/2019: Received a DOE Early Career Award
[DOE News Release]
[UC Davis News Release]
- 8/2019: Co-organizing ICERM Workshop on
Variable Precision in Mathematical and Scientific Computing, May
2020, Brown University, Providence, Rodhe Island.
- 8/2019: Daniel DeFreez presented our work on error specification
inference at FSE'19 in Tallinn, Estonia.
- 7/2019: Co-presented
Tutorial on Floating-Point Analysis Tools at Practice and
Experience in Advanced Research Computing (PEARC'19) in Chicago,
- 6/2019: Invited talk at the Programming
Language Mentoring Workshop (PLMW) at PLDI 2019 in Phoenix,
- 6/2019: Congratulations to Daniel DeFreez for passing his
Qualifying Exam/Thesis Proposal!
- 6/2019: Congratulations to Haaken Baldwin for receiving a
Computer Science Department Citation!
- 6/2019: Keynote Speaker at the Workshop on Machine Learning for
Software Engineering (ML4SE'19) in Montreal, Canada.
- 5/2019: David Tomassi presented our BugSwarm infrastructure and
dataset at ICSE'19 in Montreal, Canada.
- 5/2019: Awarded a Facebook Probability and Programming Research
Award with Aditya Thakur
- 4/2019: Congratulations to Hui Guo for passing her Qualifying
- 3/2019: Co-organizing the Third International Workshop on Software
Correctness for HPC Applications (CORRECTNESS'19).
- 2/2019: Invited Programming Languages Seminar at Northeastern
University, Boston, MA.
- 11/2018: Congratulations to Daniel DeFreez and David Tomassi for winning the first
prize at the FSE'18 Student Research Competition in the graduate
and undergraduate categories, respectively!
- 11/2018: David Tomassi presented his undergraduate work on "Bugs
in the Wild: Examining the Effectiveness of Static Analyzers at
Finding Real-World Bugs" at the FSE'18 Student Research Competition
in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
- 11/2018: Daniel DeFreez presented his work on "Mining Error-Handling
Specifications for Systems Software" at the FSE'18 Student Research
Competition in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
- 11/2018: Daniel DeFreez presented our paper "Path-Based Function
Embedding and Its Application to Error-Handling Specification
Mining" at FSE'18 in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
- 7/2018: Invited talk at IFIP WG 2.4 Software Implementation
Technology, Dijon, France.
- 7/2018: Keynote speaker at ECOOP and ISSTA Doctoral Symposium in
Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- 7/2018: Presented our paper "Exploiting Community Structure for
Floating-Point Precision Tuning" at ISSTA'18.
- 5/2018: Daniel DeFreez presented our poster "Path-Based Function
Embeddings" at ICSE'18 in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- 5/2018: Congratulations to David Tomassi and Ethan Wang for
receiving Computer Science Department Citations!
- 2/2018: Co-organizing the Second International Workshop on Software
Correctness for HPC Applications.
- 12/2017: Received an NSF CAREER Award to
analyze and test numerical software.
- 12/2017: Invited PLSE
Colloquium at the University of Washington.
- 11/2017: Hui Guo presented our paper "A Comprehensive Study of
Real-World Numerical Bug Characteristics" at ASE'17.
- 10/2017: Invited talk at the CROSS
Research Symposium 2017, University of California, Santa Cruz.
- 8/2017: Hui Guo and Anthony Di Franco presented our most recent
work on analysis of floating-point programs at the Dagstuhl Seminar
Analysis and Synthesis of Floating-Point Programs in
- 6/2017: Featured in UC Davis Magazine article on Diversity in STEM
- 6/2017: Awarded a Hellman Fellowship
- 5/2017: Congratulations to Naji Dmeiri for being a recipient of the
2017 College of Engineering Undergraduate Student Award
[News Release] and the 2017 UC Davis Outstanding Senior Award
- 4/2017: Co-organized First International Workshop on
Software Correctness for HPC Applications.
- 2/2017: Co-organized Dagstuhl Seminar on
Analysis and Synthesis of Floating-Point Programs.
- 7/2016: Awarded NSF CISE Research Infrastructure (CRI) Grant
[News Release] to design and develop BugSwarm.
- 6/2016: Featured in UC Davis article on Diversity in STEM
- 5/2016: Invited talk at
the Sixth Summer School on
Formal Techniques, Menlo College, Atherton, CA.
- 5/2016: Invited talk at
Maths-Info-HPC, Lyon, France.
- 6/2015: Invited talk at Los Alamos National Laboratory, Information
Science & Technology Seminars.
- 4/2015: Invited talk at Salishan
Conference on High-speed Computing.
- 3/2105: Keynote speaker at NWCIT Aspirations in Computing Awards
- 3/2015: Awarded NSF CRII Grant.
- 2/2015: Keynote speaker at #FixIt, First Latina Hackathon,