V. (Rao) Vemuri
Home: 3212 Arbor Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94566, USA
University of California, Los Angeles, CA 1968, Ph.D., Engineering
University of Detroit, Detroit, MI 1963, M.S., Engineering
Andhra University, India 1958, B.E., Electrical Engineering
2013-2014 Vietnam Educational Foundation US Faculty Scholar
2012-2014 Third Eye Consulting, Palladion Consultant
2011-present IUCEE Faculty Facilitator
2010-2011 Fulbright Scholar Program Fulbright-Nehru Lecturer
1986 - 2011 Department of Applied Science Professor
Dept. of Computer Science (Joint appt.)
University of California, Davis, CA, USA
1986 - 2007 Lawrence Livermore National Labs Computer Scientist
(Joint appointment with UC Davis)
2000-2002 Smartifacts. LLC Co-founder and CEO
(Concurrent with UC Davis)
1996 - 1999 Department of Applied Science Vice Chair and
1981 - 1986 TRW, Inc., Redondo Beach, CA Subproject Manager
Summer 1980 Patrick Air Force Base, FL AFOSR Fellow
1979 Syracuse University, Syracuse Visiting Professor
1973 - 1981 Department of Computer Science Associate Professor
School of Advanced Technology
SUNY Binghamton, NY
1970 - 1973 Dept. of Aero & Astronautics and Assistant Professor
Electrical Engineering Department
Purdue University, W. Lafayette, IN
1963 - 1964 RCA, Indianapolis, IN, USA Senior Engineer
1958 - 1961 Bhilai Steel Works, Bhilai, India Junior Engineer
· Two sabbaticals in India
· Visiting Professor, Lund University, Sweden
· Visiting Professor, University of san Louis, San Louis, Argentina
· ACM Distinguished Visitor to Several Universities in Mexico
· Trustee, Lions Cancer Treatment and Research Center, Visakhapatnam, India (two years)
· Eco Foundation (Co-Founder, 12 years)
· Friends of Telugu Initiative at UC Berkeley (Co-Founder, 4 years)
· AI, Machine Learning, Knowledge Discovery and Soft Computing
· Simulation and Modeling, Numerical Methods
· Distinguished Public Service Award, 1997. University of California, Davis
· Outstanding Paper Award, for the paper "An investigation of DNA mapping with genetic algorithms" co-authored with Ph. D student Walter Cedeño, at WNN/FNN'93, November 7-10, 1993, San Francisco, CA. (Recd. the award in March 95)
· Outstanding Paper Award, for the paper "Exploring phase space concepts in the forecasting of time series using artificial neural networks" co-authored with R. D. Rogers, at WNN/FNN'93, November 7-10, 1993, San Francisco, CA. (Recd. the award in March 95)
· Best Research Project of the Undergraduate Summer Institute on Contemporary Topics in Applied Science, "Role of artificial neural networks in making short-range predictions of chaotic time series," Citation and cash award, by Fannie and John Hertz Foundation, Aug. 92. (Project jointly supervised with Dr. R. D. Rogers).
· Certificate of Merit in Neural Networks Paradigm Comparison Student Paper Competition at WNN'92, November 4-6, 1992, South Shore Harbor, Texas for the paper "Performance comparison of some neural network paradigms for solving the seismic phase identification problem" co-authored by my Ph. D student G. S. Jang and Dr. F. D. Dowla
· US Faculty Scholar, Vietnam Educational Foundation
· Faculty Facilitator, Indo-US Collaboration on Engineering Education, 2010, 2011, 2012
· Fulbright-Nehru Lecturer, August 2009-December 2009
· Distinguished Visiting Professor, Andhra University, India, October, 2007. (World Bank Project)
· Visiting Professor, Hyderabad University, Hyderabad, India, October-Dec. 2003 (Sabbatical)
· Visiting Professor, Lund University, Lund, Sweden, November-Dec. 2002
· Visiting Professor, Universidad Nacional de San Luis, Argentina,1994. (World Bank Project)
· Distinguished Visitor, Universidad Merida, Marida, Mexico (supported by NSF, 1998)
· Distinguished Visitor, IEEE Computer Society, 1996-1999
· ACM Outreach Lecturer, 1994-2000
· Keynote Speaker, First Indian Intnl Conf. on AI, Hyderabad, India, Dec. 18-20, 2003
· Keynote Speaker, Sixth International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Expert Systems, Crema, Italy, Sep. 16-19, 2002.
· Keynote Speaker, First New Zealand International Two-Stream Conference on Artificial Neural Networks and Expert systems, Nov. 24-26, 1993.
· Associate Editor, International Journal of Knowledge-based Intelligent Engineering Systems, 1996-
· Associate Editor, Differential Equations & Dynamical Systems: An International Journal, 2002-08
· Associate Editor, IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, 1993-96
· Editor-in-Chief, CS Press of IEEE, 1990-91, 1991-92.
15. V. Rao Vemuri, "Cyber Security and Cyber Trust", Enhancing Computer Security with Smart Technology, Edited by Rao Vemuri, Auerbach Publications, 2005
14. V. Rao Vemuri, "Relevance of Machine Learning", Enhancing Computer Security with Smart Technology, Edited by Rao Vemuri, Auerbach Publications, 2005
13. Liao, Yihua and V. Rao Vemuri, "Machine Learning in Intrusion detection", Enhancing Computer Security with Smart Technology, Edited by Rao Vemuri, Auerbach Publications, 2005
12. Khaled Labib, V. Rao Vemuri, "Application of Exploratory Multivariate Analysis for Network Security", Enhancing Computer Security with Smart Technology, Edited by Rao Vemuri, Auerbach Publications, 2005
11. Vemuri, V. and N. Tang, (2004) “Solving Inverse Problems via Machine Learning and Knowledge Discovery," in (Eds. Takumi Ichimura and Katsumi Yoshida.), Knowledge-Based Intelligent Systems for Healthcare, CRC Press.
10. Vemuri, V. "Inverse Problems," in (Eds. and G. A. Bekey and B. Y. Kogan), Modeling and Simulation: Theory and Practice, A Memorial Volume for prof. Walter J. Karplus, pages 89-101, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 2002.
9. Jain, L. C. and V. Vemuri, “An Introduction to Intelligent Systems," Ed. (L. C. Jain and R. K. Jain), Hybrid Intelligent Engineering Systems, Chapter 1, World Scientific Publishing Co, Singapore. 1997.
8. Padgett, M. and V. Vemuri, "Applications of Evolutionary Systems in Industrail Electronics," Ed. (J. D. Irvin), CRC Handbook on Industrial Electronics, Chapter 101, CRC Press, 1997.
7. Cooper, M. G., and V. Vemuri, "Genetic Algorithms," CRC Handbook on Industrial Electronics, Ed. (J. D. Irvin), Chapter 99, CRC Press, 1997.
6. Vemuri, V. and W. Cedeño, Multi-Niche Crowding for Multimodal Search, Book Chapter, Practical Handbook of Genetic Algorithms: New Frontiers, Vol. 2 Ed. Lance Chambers, CRC Press, 1995
5. Vemuri, V. Use of Artificial Neural Networks in Control Applications, in Advances in Computers, pp 203-250, Academic Press (Ed. M. Yovits) Vol 36, 1993.
4. Vemuri, V. Biharmonic Equations-Solution Methods. IN Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Technology 3:274-298, 1976.
3. Vemuri, V. Hybrid Computation in Hydrosystems. IN Advances in Hydroscience, Vol. 9, Ven Te Chow (editor), Academic Press, NY, 1973.
2. Vemuri, V. Analog and Hybrid Computation, Chapter 9, 285-311. IN Computer Science, Cardenas, Marin and Presser (editors), John Wiley, 1970.
1. Karplus, W. J. and V. Vemuri. Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations, Chapter 2, p. 163-202. IN Digital Computers User's Handbook, Klerer and Korn (editors), McGraw-Hill.
108. Dan Marconett, Minsoo Lee, Xiaohui Ye, Rao Vemuri and S. J. B. Yoo, Self-Adapting Protocol Tuning for Multi-Hop Wireless Networks Using Q-Learning, Accepted in International Journal of Network Management, 2013.
107. M. Naresh Kumar, V. Sreehari Rao and V. Rao Vemuri, “Decision Theoretic Approach for Early Detection of Dengue Fever Based on Clinical and Laboratory features, International Conference on Information Technology for Real World Problems,” First Intl. Conf. on Information Technology for real World Problems, Vaagdevi College of Engineering, Warangal, India, pp 33-37, 2009
106. Challa S. Sastry and V. Rao Vemuri, “Multiscale Methods and their Applications,” First Intl. Conf. on Information Technology for real World Problems, Vaagdevi College of Engineering, Warangal, India, pp 33-37, 2009
105. Minsoo Lee, Xiaohui Ye, Samuel Johnson, Dan Marconett, S.K. Chaitanya Vadrevu, Rao Vemuri and S. J. Ben Yoo , “Cognitive Security Management with Reputation based Cooperation Schemes in Heterogeneous Networks,” IEEE CICS 2009: 2009 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Cyber Security, Nashville, TN 2009
104. Minsoo Lee, Xiaohui Ye, Dan Marconett, Samuel Johnson, S. K. Vadrevu, Rao Vemuri and S. J. Ben Yoo, “Autonomous Network Management Using Cooperative Learning for Network-Wide Load Balancing in Heterogeneous Networks,” IEEE Globecom 2008,
103. Fan Zhao, V. Rao Vemuri, S. Felix Wu, Fei Xue, S. J. Ben Yoo, “Interactive Informatics on Internet Infrastructure,” IM ’07, Munich, Germany, May 2007
102. Tang and V. Rao Vemuri, "A Web-knowledge-based Clustering Model for Gene Expression DataAnalysis.” 2006 Atlantic Web Intelligence Conference (AWIC06). 2006.
101. Khaled Labib, V. Rao Vemuri, "An Application of Principal Component Analysis to the Detection and Visualization of Computer Network Attacks", Annals of Telecommunications, France. Nov/Dec 2005 Issue.
100. Tang, Na and V. Rao Vemuri, “User-Interest-Based Document Filtering via Semi-supervised Clustering,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, Foundations of Intelligent Systems: 15th International Symposium, ISMIS 2005, Saratoga Springs, NY, USA, May 25-28, 2005. ISBN: 3-540-25878-7
99. Liao, Yihua, V. Rao Vemuri, and Alejandro Pasos," Adaptive Anomaly Detection with Evolving Connectionist Systems, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Special Issue on 'Information and Network Security: A Computational Intelligence Approach' , 2005.
98. Khaled Labib, V. Rao Vemuri, "Anomaly Detection Using S Language Framework: Clustering and Visualization of Intrusive Attacks on Computer Systems". Fourth Conference on Security and Network Architectures, SAR'05, Batz sur Mer, France, June 2005
97. Khaled Labib and V. Rao Vemuri, "Detecting and Visualizing Denial of Service And Network Probe Attacks Using Principal Component Analysis," SAR'04 the 3rd Conference on Security and Network Architectures, La Londe, Cote d'Azur (France), June 21-25, 2004.
96. Tang, Na and V. Rao Vemuri, "Web-based Knowledge Acquisition to Impute Missing Values for Classification," IEEE/WIC/ACM International Joint Conference on Web Intelligence, Sep. 20-24, 2004, Beijing, China.
95. Rawat, Sanjay, Arun K. Pujari, V. P. Gulati, V. Rao Vemuri, "Intrusion Detection using Text Processing Techniques with a Binary-Weighted Cosine Metric," Journal of Information Assurance and Security, 2005.
94. Liao, Yihua and V. Rao Vemuri and Alejandro Pasos, "A General Framework for Adaptive Anomaly Detection with Evolving Connectionist Systems", SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, Lake Buena Vista, FL, April 22-24, 2004.
93. Wenjie Hu, Yihua Liao, and V. Rao Vemuri, Robust Support Vector Machines for Anamoly Detection in Computer Security, International Conference on Machine Learning, Los Angeles, CA, July 2003.
92. Jian Wang, V. Rao Vemuri and Biswanath Mukherjee, “Toward an IP-centric Optimization: On the Topology Design of WDM-mesh Networks,” Submitted to Journal of Lightwave Technology, 2002
91. Kuowei Hwang and V. Rao Vemuri, “Broadband Wireless Access: Architecture and Security Issues, Submitted to IEEE Computer, 2002
90. Khaled Labib and V. Rao Vemuri, “NSOM: A Real-time Network-Based Intrusion Detection System Using Self-Organizing Maps," Networks and Security, Submitted, 2002
89. Yihua Liao and V. Rao Vemuri, “Using Text Categorization Techniques for Intrusion Detection, Proc. Usenix, San Francisco, August, 2002.
88. Yihua Liao and V. Rao Vemuri, “Use of K-nearest Neighbor Classifier for Intrusion Detection, Networks and Security, 2002
87. Dao, Vu and V. Rao Vemuri, “Computer Network Intrusion Detection: A Comparison of Neural Networks Methods, Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems (Special Issue on Neural Networks), Vol. ??. No. ??, 2002
86. T.R. Hvidsten, A.Kryshtafovych, A. Zemla, R. Vemuri, J. Komorowski, and K. Fidelis, "Applying rule based classifiers to protein fold recognition," Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing, Hawaii, 2001
85. Jian Wang, Wonhong Cho, V. Rao Vemuri, and Biswanath Mukherjee, Improved Approaches for Cost-Effective Traffic Grooming in WDM Ring Networks: ILP Formulations, Single-Hop and Multihop Connections, Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 19, No. 11, pp 1645-1653, November 2001
84. V. Vemuri,and Joseph Miranda, “Software Agents in Computer Games”, Game-ON 2000, London, November 11-12 , 2000
83. V. Vemuri, “Agent Assist for Computer Games”, International ICSC Conference on Intelligent Systems and Applications, University of Wollongong, Australia, Dec. 11-15, 2000.
82. Dao, Vu and V. Vemuri, “Profiling Users in the UNIX OS Environment, International ICSC Conference on Intelligent Systems and Applications, University of Wollongong, Australia, Dec. 11-15, 2000.
81. Saha, S. and V. Vemuri, “On Image Compression, 2000 IEEE Intl. Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Geneva, Switzerland, May 2000.
80. Saha, S. and V. Vemuri, “Analysis of the Effect of Image Activity on Lossy Coding Performance, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 7, no. 5, pp 104-107, May 2000.
79. Vemuri, V, “IT: The Shape of Things to Come, The Hindu: Monday Mart, (A Flagship newspaper of India), 20 March 20, 2000.
78. Wang, Jian, W. Cho, V. Vemuri, and B. Mukherjee, “Improved Approaches to cost-effective Traffic Grooming in WDM Ring Networks: Non-uniform Traffic and Bidirectional Ring”, OFC, 2000
77. Saha, S. and V. Vemuri, "Image categorization and Coding using Neural Nets and adaptive Wavelet Filters,” Invited paper, IEEE ICIT-2000, pp 438-443, Goa, India, January 19-22, 2000
76. Barash, D.,A. Orel, and, V. Vemuri, "Micro genetic algorithm in finding optimal frequencies for stabilizing atoms by high-intensity laser fields,” Journal of Evolutionary Computation, 2000.
75. Komashko, A., Laney, D. Prasad, M. and V. Vemuri, Solution of the Linear Diffusion Equation on a Non-uniform Grid in Three Dimensions, Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, 2000.
74. Saha, S. and V. Vemuri, “The need for adaptive wavelet filters in image coding and analysis,” International Symposium on Circuits and Systems,’99, San Jose, CA, Dec. 7-10, 1999.
73. Saha, S. and V. Vemuri, “Adaptive Wavelet Filters in Image Coders - How Important are They? Proc. IEEE/IECON’99, San Jose, CA. 1999.
72. Saha, S. and V. Vemuri, “Adaptive image compression”, ACM Multimedia Conference, Orlando, FL, Oct 30 - Nov 4, 1999
71. Cedeño, W. and Vemuri, V. Analysis of Speciation and Niching in Multi-Niche Crowding Genetic Algorithms, Theoretical Computer Science, 222: 177-197, 1999.
70. Gopalakrishna, S., Koniges, A. and V. Vemuri, Scientific Data Management in High Performance Computing: Simulation of a Prototype System, 1998 Super Computer Conference, Orlando FL, November 1998.
69. Barash, D.,A. Orel, and, V. Vemuri, "Micro genetic algorithm in finding optimal frequencies for stabilizing atoms by high-intensity laser fields, Late Breaking Papers, Genetic Programming Conference, pp 7-13, Juy 22-25 1998,
68. Mock, K. and Vemuri, V. Information Filtering via Hill Climbing, Wordnet, and Index Patterns, Inf. Processing and Management, 33:5(633-644), 1997
67. Padgett, M. L., Johnson, J. L. and V. Vemuri, "Real-world applications of artificial neural networks to cardiac monitoring using radar and recent theoretical developments,"SPIE, Orlando, April 97 .
66. Cedeño, W. and Vemuri, V. On the use of niching for dynamic landscapes. IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation, Indianapolis, In. April 1997.
65. Vemuri, V. and W. Cedeño, "Industrial applications of genetic algorithms, J of Knowledge-based Intelligent Engineering Systems, Electronic Association of South Australia, 1(1): 1-12, January 1997
64. Vemuri, V. and Cedeño, W. (1996). A new genetic algorithm for multi-objective optimization in water resource management. 1996 Knowledge-based Computer Systems, KBCS Proceedings, Bombay, India, December 1996.
63. Cedeño, W., and V. Vemuri, "Genetic algorithms in aquifer management, J of Network and Computer Applications, 19:171-187, 1996.
62. Smart, J. A. and V. Vemuri, "Interactive simulated annealing," Intl. Journal of General Systems, 25(2):119-146, 1996.
61. Styer, D. L. and V. Vemuri, "Artificial neural network controller for multi-link structures," IEEE/IAS Intl. Conference on Industrial Automation and Control, pp 37-42, Hyderabad, India. January 5-7, 1995,
60. Styer, D. L. and V. Vemuri, "A comparison of adaptive critic and chemotaxis in adaptive control," Mathematical and Computer Modeling Journal, Vol. 21, No. 1/2, pp 109-118, 1995.
59. Cedeño, W., and V. Vemuri, "Multi-niche crowding in genetic algorithms and its application to the assembly of DNA restriction fragments, Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp 321-345, Winter 1994.
58. Howitt, I., V. Vemuri, J. H. Reed, and T. C. Hsio, "Comparison of center estimation methods for RBF networks," Proc. 14th IMACS Congress, Vol. 3, pp 1304-1306, Atlanta, GA, July 11-15, 1994.
57. Howitt, I., J. H. Reed, V. Vemuri, and T. C. Hsio, "RBF growing algorith applied to the equalization and co-channel interference rejection problem," Proc. IJCNN, Orlando, FL, pp 3571-3576, July 1994.
56. Mock, K., and V. Vemuri, "Information filtering using hill climbing genetic algorithms," Third Golden West International. Conference on Intelligent Systems, Las Vegas, NV, June 6-8, 1994.
55. Howitt, I., J. H. Reed, V. Vemuri, and T. C. Hsio, Recent developments in applying neural nets to equalization and interference rejection, in Wireless Personal Communications: Trends and Challenges, Edited by T. S. Rappaport, B. D. Woerner, and J. H. Reed, pp 49-58, 1994.
54. Howitt, I., J. H. Reed, V. Vemuri, and T. C. Hsio, RBF Growing algorithm applied to equalization and co-channel interference rejection problem, ICNN, Orlando, FL. June 1994.
53. Howitt, I., J. H. Reed, V. Vemuri, and T. C. Hsio, Recent developments in applying neural nets to equalization and interference rejection, Third Virginia Tech. Symposium on Wireless Personal Communications, pp 1-12, 1993.
52. Rogers, R. and V. Vemuri, Exploring phase space concepts in the forecasting of time series with artificial neural nets, Proc. SIMTEC/WNN'93, pp 333-338, San Francisco, November 1993.
51. Cedeño, W. and V. Vemuri, An investigation of DNA mapping with genetic algorithms: Preliminary results, Proc. SIMTEC/WNN'93, SPIE 2204, pp 133-140, San Francisco, November 1993.
50. Jang. G. S., F. U. Dowla, and V. Vemuri, "A comparison of neural network performance for seismic phase identification," J. Franklin Institute, Vol. 330, N0. 3, 505-524., May 1993.
49. Vemuri, V. Computer Science and Engineering Curricula, IEEE Trans. Education, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp 108-110, 1993.
48. Vemuri, V. and G. S. Jang, "Inversion of Fredholm integral equations of the first kind with fully connected neural networks," J. of Franklin Institute, 329(2): 241-257, 1992
47. Styer, D. L. and V. Vemuri, "Adaptive critic and chemotaxis in adaptive control," in Intelligent Engineering Systems Through Artificial Neural Networks, Vol. 2, pp 161-166, Proc. ANNIE'92, St. Louis, MO., Nov. 15-18, 1992.
46. Jang. G. S., F. U. Dowla, and V. Vemuri, "Performance comparison of some neural network paradigms for solving the seismic phase identification problem," Proc. SIMTEC/WNN'92, pp 707-713, Nov. 4-6, 1992. (received a Certificate of Merit).
45. Jang. G. S., F. U. Dowla, and V. Vemuri, "Performance of neural networks for seismic phase identification: A comparative Study," Proc. 2nd Pacific Rim Intl. Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp 253-258, Seoul, S. Korea, Sep. 16-18, 1992.
44. J. Smart and V. Vemuri, "A-Vu: A Visualization tool for complex software systems, Proc. Symp. Assessment of Quality Software Development Tools, New Orleans, LA, pp 172-182, May 27-29, 1992.
43. Cedeño, W. and Vemuri, V. (1992). Dynamic multimodal function optimization using genetic
algorithms, Proceedings of the XVIII Latin-American Informatics Conference, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain: University of Las Palmas, 292-301.
41. Jang. G. S., F. U. Dowla, and V. Vemuri, "Application of neural networks for seismic phase identification," Proc. IJCNN 91, Singapore. pp 899-904, Nov. 1991.
40. Styer, D. L. and V. Vemuri, "Preprocessing of adaptive critic inputs for adaptive control," In Artificial Intelligence in Real-time Control, Ed. M. G. Rodd and G. J. Suski, pp 27-31, Pergamon Press, UK, 1992. (Proc. of the 3rd IFAC International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Real-time Control, Napa, CA, Sep. 23-25, 1991.)
39. Vemuri, V. Simulation of a Distributed Processing System: A Case Study, Simulation, Vol. 56, No.5, pp 302--315, May 1991.
38. Vemuri, V. and G. S Jang, "Inversion of Fredholm Integral Equations of the first kind with fully connected Neural Networks," Proc. SPIE Conference, Orlando, FL. 1-5 April 1991.
37. Vemuri, V. and G. S. Jang, "A Neural Network Method of Solving Inverse Problems Arising from Fredholm Integral Equations of the First Kind", Proc. Second Workshop on Neural Nets, WNN_AIND 91, pp 207-217, Auburn University, AL, Feb. 11-13, 1991.
36. Vemuri, V. and F. U. Dowla, On the Formulation of Continuous Neural Network Models and Their Solution on a Systolic Processor, in Proc. Symposium on Electronic Imaging: Science and Technology, Santa Clara, CA. February 11-16, 1990, 1990.
35. Dupaguntla, N. R. and V. Vemuri. A Neural Network Architecture for Texture Segmentation and Labelling. Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, Washington, D.C., June 18-22, I:127-133, 1989.
34. Dowla, F. U., A. J. DeGroot, S. R. Parker and V. Vemuri. Back Propagation Neural Networks: Systolic Implementation for Seismic Signal Filtering. Neural Networks, 1(30):138-153, 1989.
33. Vemuri, V. Multifunction Computer Networking Technology for Developing Countries, Informatics and Telematics, pp ??-??, 1989.
32. Talbot, E., F. U. Dowla, and V. Vemuri. Classification of Seismic Events Using Neural Networks, p. 73-84. Proceedings of the Artificial Intelligence Conference, I:73-84, 1988.
30. Vemuri, V., R. A. Liuzzi, J.P. Cavano and P.B. Berra. Evaluation of Alternate Data Base Machine Designs. Proceedings of the Fifth Workshop on Computer Architecture for Nonnumeric Processing, Pacific Grove, CA., p. 29-38, 1980.
28. Vemuri, V. and A. Raefsky. On a New Approach to Parameter Estimation by the Method of Sensitivity Functions. International Journal of System Science , 10:395-407, 1979.
27. Vemuri, V. and A. Raefsky. Solution of Sensitive Two-Point Boundary Value Problems. Journal of the Franklin Institute, 307:217-243, 1979.
25. Vemuri, V. and A. Raefsky. A Numerical Method for Boundary Value Problems. International Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering, 5:85-104, 1978.
23. Vemuri, V. A New Algorithm Suitable for PDE Software, 159-164. IN Advances in Computer Methods for Partial Differential Equations-II, R. Vichnevetsky (editor), IMACS (AICA), Department of Computer Science, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, 1977.
22. Vemuri, V. An Analog Computer Method for Solving Fredholm Integral Equations of the First Kind. International Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering, 2:95-103, 1975.
21. Vemuri, V. and P. Tapia. On Solving Fredholm Integral Equations of the First Kind Using the Interval Programming Algorithm of Robers. International Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering, 3:409-419, 1975.
20. Vemuri, V. and F.P. Chen. An Initial Value Method for Solving Fredholm Integral Equations of the First Kind. Journal of Franklin Institute, 297:187-200, 1974.
19. Vemuri, V. Multiple Objective Optimization in Water Resource Systems. Water Resources Research, 10:44-48, 1974.
18. Reid, R. W. and V. Vemuri, On the Noninferior Index Approach to Large-Scale Multi-Criteria systems. Journal of Franklin Institute, 291:241-254, 1971.
17. Vemuri, V. and J. A. Dracup. Nonlinear Runoff Response to Distributed Rainfall Excitation. Proceedings, the International Water Erosion Symposium, Czechoslavakia, p. 39-47, 1971.
16. Vemuri. V. and N. Vemuri. On the Systems Approach in Hydrology. Bulletin of the International Association for Scientific Hydrology, Vol. 25, pp ??-??1970.
15. Vemuri, V. An Initial Value Formulation for the CSDT Method of Solving Partial Differential Equations. Proceedings Spring Joint Computer Conference, p. 403-407, 1970.
13. Vemuri, V. and W. J. Karplus. Identification of Nonlinear Parameters of Ground Water Basins via Hybrid Computation. Water Resources Research, 5:172-185, 1969.
12. Vemuri, V., J. A. Dracup, R. C. Erdmann, and N. Vemuri. Sensitivity Analysis Method of System Identification and Its Potential in Hydrologic Research. Water Resources Research , 5:341-349, 1969.
9. Vemuri, V. Computers in the Research and Teaching of Hydrology, 290-315. New Developments in Hydrology. Vol. 1. IN The Progress of Hydrology, 1969.
7. Vemuri, V., Identification of Non-linear Parameters in Distributed Systems: A Hybrid Computer Approach. Ph.D. Dissertation from University of California, Los Angeles, University Microfilms, Ann Arbor, MI, 1968.
6. Karplus, W. J. and V. Vemuri. Heuristic Optimization and Identification in Hybrid Field Simulation. Proceedings Fifth International Congress of AICA, Lausanne, Switzerland, pp. 345-350.
5. Vemuri, V. and J. A. Dracup. Analysis of Nonlinearities in Ground Water Hydrology: A Hybrid Computer Approach. Water Resources Research, 3:1047-1058.