10. Vemuri, V. (ed.), Enhancing Computer Security with Smart Technology, CRC Press, 2005.
9. Vemuri, V. English-Telugu and Telugu-English Dictionary, Asian Educational Services,
An on-line version of the English-Telugu part is available at http://www.sahiti.org/dict/index.jsp
8. Vemuri, V. and Vemuri, S., (Eds.), Biocomplexity, Sustainable Development and Information Technology, Eco Foundation, 2000.
7. Jain, Laxmi and Vemuri, V., (Eds.), Industrial Applications of Neural Networks: CRC Press, 1999.
6. Vemuri, V. and R. Rogers, (Eds.), Artificial Neural Networks: Forecasting time series, CS Press of IEEE, 1993.
5. Vemuri, V., Advances in Artificial Neural Networks: Concepts , Applications and Implementation Considerations, Lecture on Videotape, Published by Computer Society Press of IEEE, 1992.
4. Vemuri, V. (Ed.), Tutorial on Artificial Neural Networks: Concepts and Control Applications, IEEE Computer Society Tutorial Series. Computer Society Press of IEEE, 1992.
3. Vemuri, V. (Ed.), Artificial Neural Networks: Theoretical Concepts. IEEE Computer Society Technology Series, 1988.
2. Vemuri, V. and W. J. Karplus. Digital Computer Treatment of Partial Differential Equations. Prentice-Hall, 1982.
1. Vemuri, V. Modeling of Complex Systems: An Introduction. Academic Press, 1978.
15. Labib, K. and Vemuri, V., “Data Application of Exploratory Multivariate Analysis for Network Security," in (Ed. V. Vemuri), Enhancing Computer Security with Smart Technology, CRC Press, 2005. pdf
14. Liao, Y. and V. Vemuri, “Machine Learning In Intrusion Detection," in (In (Ed. V. Vemuri), Enhancing Computer Security with Smart Technology, CRC Press, 2005 pdf
13. Vemuri, V. “Relevance of Machine Learning," in (Ed. V. Vemuri), Enhancing Computer Security with Smart Technology, CRC Press, 2005 pdf
12. Vemuri, V. “Cyber Security and Cyber Trust," in (Ed. V. Vemuri), Enhancing Computer Security with Smart Technology, CRC Press, 2005 pdf
11. Vemuri, V. and N. Tang, “Solving Inverse Problems via Machine Learning and Knowledge Discovery," in (Eds. Takumi Ichimura and Katsumi Yoshida.), Knowledge-Based Intelligent Systems for Healthcare, CRC Press, 2004. pdf.
10. V. Vemuri, “Inverse Problems," in (Eds. and G. A. Bekey and B. Y. Kogan), Modeling and Simulation: Theory and Practice, A Memorial Volume for prof. Walter J. Karplus, pages 89-101, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 2002. pdf.
9. Jain, L. C. and V. Vemuri, “An Introduction to Intelligent Systems," Ed. (L. C. Jain and R. K. Jain), Hybrid Intelligent Engineering Systems, Chapter 1, World Scientific Publishing Co, Singapore. 1997.
8. Padgett, M. and V. Vemuri, "Applications of Evolutionary Systems in Industrail Electronics," Ed. (J. D. Irvin), CRC Handbook on Industrial Electronics, Chapter 101, CRC Press, 1997.
7. Cooper, M. G., and V. Vemuri, "Genetic Algorithms," CRC Handbook on Industrial Electronics, Ed. (J. D. Irvin), Chapter 99, CRC Press, 1997.
6. Vemuri, V. and
5. Vemuri, V. Use of Artificial Neural Networks in Control Applications, in Advances in Computers, pp 203-250, Academic Press (Ed. M. Yovits) Vol. 36, 1993.
4. Vemuri, V. Biharmonic Equations-Solution Methods. IN Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Technology 3:274-298, 1976.
3. Vemuri, V. Hybrid Computation in Hydrosystems. IN Advances in Hydroscience, Vol. 9, Van Te Chow (editor), Academic Press, NY, 1973.
2. Vemuri, V. Analog and Hybrid Computation, Chapter 9, 285-311. IN Computer Science, Cardenas, Marin and Presser (editors), John Wiley, 1970.
1. Karplus, W. J. and V. Vemuri. Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations, Chapter 2, p. 163-202. IN Digital Computers User's Handbook, Klerer and Korn (editors), McGraw-Hill.
113. T. Stibor and V.
112. Liao, Yihua, V.
111. Fan Zhao, V.
110. N. Tang and V.
108. Khaled Labib, V.
107. N. Tang and V.
Tang, Na and V.
Khaled Labib, V.
Khaled Labib and V.
Tang, Na and V.
Rawat, Sanjay, Arun K. Pujari, V. P. Gulati, V.
Liao, Yihua and V.
100. Wenjie Hu, Yihua Liao,
99. Wenjie Hu, Yihua Liao,
Khaled Labib and V.
Yihua Liao and V.
Dao, Vu and V.
93. T.R. Hvidsten, A.Kryshtafovych, A. Zemla, R. Vemuri, J. Komorowski, and K. Fidelis, "Applying rule based classifiers to protein fold recognition," Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing, Hawaii, 2001
Jian Wang, Wonhong Cho, V.
91. S. Saha and
90. S. Saha and
89. S. Saha and
V. Vemuri,and Joseph
Miranda, “Software Agents in Computer Games”,
V. Vemuri, “Agent Assist for Computer Games”,
International ICSC Conference on Intelligent Systems and Applications,
Dao, Vu and V. Vemuri, “Profiling Users in the UNIX OS Environment, International ICSC Conference on Intelligent
Systems and Applications,
S. Saha and V
83. Saha, S. and V. Vemuri, “Analysis of the Effect of Image Activity on Lossy Coding Performance, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 7, no. 5, pp 104-107, May 2000.
81. S. Saha and
Saha, S. and V. Vemuri,
"Image Categorization and Coding using Neural Nets and
adaptive Wavelet Filters,” Invited paper, IEEE ICIT-2000, pp 438-443,
Vemuri, V, “IT: The Shape of Things to Come, The Hindu: Monday Mart, (A
Flagship newspaper of
78. Wang, Jian, W. Cho, V. Vemuri, and B. Mukherjee, “Improved Approaches to cost-effective Traffic Grooming in WDM Ring Networks: Non-uniform Traffic and Bidirectional Ring”, OFC, 2000 pdf.
77. Barash, D.,A. Orel, and, V. Vemuri, "Micro genetic algorithm in finding optimal frequencies for stabilizing atoms by high-intensity laser fields,” Journal of Evolutionary Computation, 2000.
76. Komashko, A., Laney, D. Prasad, M. and V. Vemuri, Solution of the Linear Diffusion Equation on a Non-uniform Grid in Three Dimensions, Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, 2000.
Saha, S. and V. Vemuri, “The need for adaptive wavelet filters in image coding
and analysis,” International Symposium on
Circuits and Systems,’99,
74. S. Saha and
73. Saha, S. and V. Vemuri, “Adaptive image compression”, ACM Multimedia Conference, Orlando, FL, Oct 30 - Nov 4, 1999
72. S. Saha and
71. Cedeño, W. and Vemuri, V. Analysis of Speciation and Niching in Multi-Niche Crowding Genetic Algorithms, Theoretical Computer Science, 222: 177-197, 1999. pdf
Gopalakrishna, S., Koniges,
A. and V. Vemuri, Scientific Data Management in High Performance Computing:
Simulation of a Prototype System, 1998
Super Computer Conference,
69. Barash, D.,A. Orel, and, V. Vemuri, "Micro genetic algorithm in finding optimal frequencies for stabilizing atoms by high-intensity laser fields, Late Breaking Papers, Genetic Programming Conference, pp 7-13, Juy 22-25 1998,
68. Mock, K. and Vemuri, V. Information Filtering via Hill Climbing, Wordnet, and Index Patterns, Inf. Processing and Management,, 33:5(633-644), 1997
67. Padgett, M. L., Johnson, J. L. and V. Vemuri, "Real-world applications of artificial neural networks to cardiac monitoring using radar and recent theoretical developments," SPIE, Orlando, April 97 .
Cedeño, W. and Vemuri, V. On the use of niching
for dynamic landscapes. IEEE
International Conference on Evolutionary Computation,
65. Vemuri, V. and W. Cedeño, "Industrial applications of genetic algorithms, J of Knowledge-based Intelligent Engineering Systems, Electronic Association of South Australia, 1(1): 1-12, January 1997
Vemuri, V. and Cedeño, W. (1996). A new genetic
algorithm for multi-objective optimization in water resource management. 1996 Knowledge-based Computer Systems, KBCS Proceedings,
63. Cedeño, W., and V. Vemuri, "Genetic algorithms in aquifer management, J of Network and Computer Applications, 19:171-187, 1996. pdf
62. Smart, J. A. and V. Vemuri, "Interactive simulated annealing," Intl. Journal of General Systems, 25(2):119-146, 1996.
Styer, D. L. and V. Vemuri, "Artificial neural
network controller for multi-link structures," IEEE/IAS Intl. Conference on Industrial
Automation and Control, pp 37-42,
60. Styer, D. L. and V. Vemuri, "A comparison of adaptive critic and chemotaxis in adaptive control," Mathematical and Computer Modeling Journal, Vol. 21, No. 1/2, pp 109-118, 1995.
59. Cedeño, W., and V. Vemuri, "Multi-niche crowding in genetic algorithms and its application to the assembly of DNA restriction fragments, Evolutionary Computation,, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp 321-345, Winter 1994. pdf
58. Howitt, I., V. Vemuri, J. H. Reed, and T. C. Hsio, "Comparison of center estimation methods for RBF networks," Proc. 14th IMACS Congress, Vol. 3, pp 1304-1306, Atlanta, GA, July 11-15, 1994.
57. Howitt, I., J. H. Reed, V. Vemuri, and T. C. Hsio, "RBF growing algorith applied to the equalization and co-channel interference rejection problem," Proc. IJCNN, Orlando, FL, pp 3571-3576, July 1994.
Mock, K., and V. Vemuri, "Information filtering using hill climbing
genetic algorithms," Third Golden
55. Howitt, I., J. H. Reed, V. Vemuri, and T. C. Hsio, Recent developments in applying neural nets to equilization and intereferece rejection, in Wireless Personal Communications: Trends and Challenges, Edited by T. S. Rappaport, B. D. Woerner, and J. H. Reed, pp 49-58, 1994.
54. Howitt, I., J. H. Reed, V. Vemuri, and T. C. Hsio, RBF Growing algorithm applied to equilazation and co-channel interference rejection problem, ICNN, Orlando, FL. June 1994.
53. Howitt, I., J. H. Reed, V. Vemuri, and T. C. Hsio, Recent developments in applying neural nets to equalization and intereference rejection, Third Virginia Tech. Symposium on Wireless Personal Communications, pp 1-12, 1993.
52. Rogers, R. and V. Vemuri, Exploring phase space concepts in the forecasting of time series with artificial neural nets, Proc. SIMTEC/WNN'93, pp 333-338, San Francisco, November 1993.
51. Cedeño, W. and V. Vemuri, An investigation of DNA mapping with genetic algorithms: Preliminary results, Proc. SIMTEC/WNN'93, SPIE 2204, pp 133-140, San Fransisco, November 1993.
50. Jang. G. S., F. U. Dowla, and V. Vemuri, "A comparison of neural network performance for seismic phase identification," J. Franklin Institute, Vol. 330, N0. 3, 505-524., May 1993.
49. Vemuri, V. Computer Science and Engineering Curricula, IEEE Trans. Education, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp 108-110, 1993.
48. Vemuri, V. and G. S. Jang, "Inversion of Fredholm integral equations of the first kind with fully connected neural networks," J. of Franklin Institute. 329(2): 241-257, 1992
47. Styer, D. L. and V. Vemuri, "Adaptive critic and chemotaxis in adaptive control," in Intelligent Engineering Systems Through Artificial Neural Networks, Vol. 2, pp 161-166, Proc. ANNIE'92, St. Louis, MO., Nov. 15-18, 1992.
Jang. G. S., F. U. Dowla, and V. Vemuri,
"Performance comparison of some neural network paradigms for solving the
seismic phase identification problem," Proc. SIMTEC/WNN'92, pp 707-713,
45. Jang. G. S., F. U. Dowla, and V. Vemuri, "Performance of neural networks for seismic phase identification: A comparative Study," Proc. 2nd Pacific Rim Intl. Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp 253-258, Seoul, S. Korea, Sep. 16-18, 1992.
44. J. Smart and V. Vemuri, "A-Vu: A Visualization tool for complex software systems, Proc. Symp. Assessment of Quality Softwre Development Tools, New Orleans, LA, pp 172-182, May 27-29, 1992.
Cedeño, W. and Vemuri, V. (1992). Dynamic multimodal
function optimization using genetic algorithms, Proceedings of the XVIII
Latin-American Informatics Conference, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria,
42. Anderson, R. W. and V. Vemuri, "Neural Networks Can be Used to Generate Time-optimal Control Signals, " Neural Networks, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp??-??1992.
Jang. G. S., F. U. Dowla, and V. Vemuri,
"Application of neural networks for seismic phase identification,"
40. Styer, D. L. and V. Vemuri, "Preprocessing of adaptive critic inputs for adaptive control," In Artificial Intelligence in Real-time Control, Ed. M. G. Rodd and G. J. Suski, pp 27-31, Pergamon Press, UK, 1992. (Proc. of the 3rd IFAC International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Real-time Control, Napa, CA, Sep. 23-25, 1991.)
39. Vemuri, V. Simulation of a Distributed Processing System: A Case Study, Simulation, Vol. 56, No.5 , pp 302--315, May 1991.
Vemuri, V. and G. S Jang, "Inversion of Fredholm
Integral Equations of the first kind with fully connected Neural
Networks," Proc. SPIE Conference,
Vemuri, V. and G. S. Jang, "A Neural Network Method of Solving Inverse
Problems Arising from Fredholm Integral Equations of
the First Kind", Proc. Second
Workshop on Neural Nets, WNN_AIND 91, pp 207-217,
Vemuri, V. and F. U. Dowla, On the Formulation of
Continuous Neural Network Models and Their Solution on a Systolic Processor, in
Proc. Symposium on Electronic
Imaging: Science and Technology,
Dupaguntla, N. R. and V. Vemuri. A Neural Network Architecture for Texture
Segmentation and Labelling. Proceedings
of the International Joint Conference on Neural Networks,
34. Dowla, F. U., A. J. DeGroot, S. R. Parker and V. Vemuri. Back Propagation Neural Networks: Systolic Implementation for Seismic Signal Filtering. Neural Networks 1(30):138-153, 1989.
33. Vemuri, V. Multifunction Computer Networking Technology for Developing Countries, Informatics and Telematics, pp ??-??, 1989.
32. Talbot, E., F. U. Dowla, and V. Vemuri. Classification of Seismic Events Using Neural Networks, p. 73-84. Proceedings of the Artificial Intelligence Conference I: 73-84, 1988.
31. Vemuri, S. and V. Vemuri. A Systems Approach to Pharmaceutical Problems. Pharmaceutical Technology Sept.1987: 92-101, 1987.
Vemuri, V., R. A. Liuzzi, J.P. Cavano
and P.B. Berra.
Evaluation of Alternate Data Base Machine Designs. Proceedings
of the Fifth Workshop on Computer Architecture
for Nonnumeric Processing,
Vemuri, V. and J. V. Cornacchio. Figures of Merit for Software Quality, 744-750.
the Compsac '81,
28. Vemuri, V. and A. Raefsky. On a New Approach to Parameter Estimation by the Method of Sensitivity Functions. International Journal of System Science 10:395-407, 1979.
27. Vemuri, V. and A. Raefsky. Solution of Sensitive Two-Point Boundary Value Problems. Journal of the Franklin Institute 307:217-243, 1979.
Vemuri, V. On the
25. Vemuri, V. and A. Raefsky. A Numerical Method for Boundary Value Problems. International Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering 5:85-104, 1978.
Vemuri, V. and J. V. Cornacchio. Use of Software Simulators in Continuing
Computer Education, 803-806. Second International Computer
Software and Applications Conference,
Vemuri, V. A New Algorithm Suitable for
PDE Software, 159-164. IN Advances in Computer Methods for Partial
Differential Equations-II, R. Vichnevetsky
(editor), IMACS (AICA), Department of Computer Science,
22. Vemuri, V. An Analog Computer Method for Solving Fredholm Integral Equations of the First Kind. International Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering 2:95-103, 1975.
21. Vemuri, V. and P. Tapia. On Solving Fredholm Integral Equations of the First Kind Using the Interval Programming Algorithm of Robers. International Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering 3:409-419, 1975.
20. Vemuri, V. and F.P. Chen. An Initial Value Method for Solving Fredholm Integral Equations of the First Kind. Journal of Franklin Institute 297:187-200, 1974.
19. Vemuri, V. Multiple Objective Optimization in Water Resource Systems. Water Resources Research -48, 1974.
18. Reid, R. W. and V. Vemuri, On the Noninferior Index Approach to Large-Scale Multi-Criteria systems. Journal of Franklin Institute 291:241-254, 1971.
17. Vemuri, V. and J. A. Dracup. Nonlinear Runoff Response to Distributed Rainfall Excitation. Proceedings, the International Water Erosion Symposium, Czechoslavakia, p. 39-47, 1971.
Vemuri. V. and
15. Vemuri, V. An Initial Value Formulation for the CSDT Method of Solving Partial Differential Equations. Proceedings Spring Joint Computer Conference, p. 403-407, 1970.
14. Vemuri, V. and M. Polis. A Hybrid Computer Modeling Algorithm for a Class of Problems Arising in Large Scale Systems. Proceedings, Fourth Asilomar Conference on Circuits and Systems, 486-490, 1970.
13. Vemuri, V. and W. J. Karplus. Identification of Nonlinear Parameters of Ground Water Basins via Hybrid Computation. Water Resources Research 5:172-185, 1969.
12. Vemuri, V., J. A. Dracup, R. C. Erdmann, and N. Vemuri. Sensitivity Analysis Method of System Identification and Its Potential in Hydrologic Research. Water Resources Research 5:341-349, 1969.
11. Vemuri, V. An Easy Rule to Invert a Class of Tridiagonal Band Matrices I. The Matrix and Tensor Quarterly 19:72-79, -53, 1969.
9. Vemuri, V. Computers in the Research and Teaching of Hydrology, 290-315. New Developments in Hydrology. Vol. 1. IN The Progress of Hydrology, 1969.
8. Vemuri, V. On a Property of a Class of Resistance Networks with a Ladder Structure. International Journal of Electronics 25:197-199, 1968.
Vemuri, V., Identification of Non-linear Parameters in Distributed
Systems: A Hybrid Computer
Karplus, W. J. and V. Vemuri. Heuristic Optimization and Identification in Hybrid Field
Simulation. Proceedings Fifth
International Congress of AICA,
5. Vemuri, V. and J. A. Dracup. Analysis of Nonlinearities in Ground Water Hydrology: A Hybrid Computer Approach. Water Resources Research, 3:1047-1058.
4. Karplus, W. J. and V. Vemuri. Hybrid Computer Simulation of Ground Water Basins. Proceedings of the Symposium on Ground Water Hydrology, American Water Resources Association, San Francisco, CA, pp. 289-300.
3. Vemuri, V. Ceramic Titante Ractifying Barriers. Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics 5:484-487, 1967.
2. Vemuri, V. A Circuit for Monitoring the Thickness of Films During Vacuum Deposition. Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics 5:365-366, 1966.
Vemuri, V. Wind Power. The
Young Engineer, Govt.